The Tustin Chamber of Commerce is taking proactive measures to protect the health and wellness of our community members, staff, and volunteers. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are postponing ALL EVENTS including ribbon cuttings, mixers, and luncheons for the month of March, April, and May.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Any questions or concerns regarding this cancellation can be sent to email@example.com. For more information about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), visit the Center for Disease Control (CDC) website at https://www.cdc.gov/
Mayor Bernstein Shares Updates Regarding Reopening of Tustin Businesses and Parks
What can people do to protect themselves and others from getting the new coronavirus?
- FLATTEN THE CURVE: WATCH THIS! IMPORTANT! What This Chart Actually Means for COVID-19 [VIDEO].
- OC CASE COUNTS: COVID-19 cases rise to 5923 according to OC Health Care Agency.
- BUSINESS RESOURCES
- PAID LEAVE FOR WORKERS: The U.S. Treasury Department, IRS and Department of Labor have announced a plan to implement Coronavirus-related paid leave for workers and tax credits for small and midsize businesses.
- I-9 REQUIREMENTS: The DHS has relaxed Form I-9 review requirements; Read More.
- CONSUMER FRAUD: Criminals are exploiting the COVID-19 outbreak for financial gain through procurement and consumer fraud; Learn More.
- WEBINAR: Families First COVID-19 Response Act: What Employers Need to Know via CalChamber.
- LEGISLATIVE UPDATES
- ESSENTIAL WORKERS: Governor Newsom has clarified essential needs from essential workers from his previous executive order; Read More.
- DISASTER DECLARATION: CA secures Presidential major disaster declaration to support State’s COVID-19 emergency response.
- NATIONAL GUARD: Governor Newsom has deployed the National Guard to assist at food banks.
- VOTE-BY-MAIL: Governor Newsom has expanded vote-by-mail options and extending deadlines for presidential primary canvases to protect public health. Read “What Orange County Residents Should Know About State Officer Order.”
- FAMILY FIRST ACT: How the recently-passed law providing additional emergency support services will actually work.
- PROPERTY TAXES: “Stay at home and pay online” – the OC Tax Treasurer is not accepting in-person property tax payments until March 31. NOTE: Property taxes due April 1 have NOT been postponed.
- COUNTY OF ORANGE FACILITIES: County of Orange departments have made changes to services as listed in the attached document.
- FOR YOUR FAMILY:
- BORED? Here’s 100 Things to Do While Trapped Inside During Quarantine.
COVID-19: Anatomy of a Scam
We’ve all seen it. The image of COVID-19 looks somewhat like a newly discovered planet or like something out of Star Wars with its rather beautiful but potentially deadly anatomy. But COVID-19 isn’t the only danger lurking in our communities.
The criminal element has seized the opportunity to cash in on our fears over COVID-19 and new scams are springing up every day. While the specifics of each scam may vary, the anatomy is the same. All the scams are built around some extraordinary offer, just for you, to allay your fears.
Most commonly, the COVID-19 scams include what appear to be legitimate offers: promises of a cure or access to limited testing or other medical resources, up-to-date tracking tools to keep you informed of COVID-19’s progress, or special offers to defer payments on everything from taxes to utility bills.
However, the goal is not to provide us with anything of value, but to take what is valuable to us: our money, our confidence, and our self-worth.