LARGE BUSINESS CATEGORY RECIPIENT
CR&R Incorporated was founded in 1963. By providing waste and recycling service, CR&R helps keep the community clean and allows residents and businesses to recycle and reduce their waste. Community involvement has always been an important part of the company’s commitment to the cities it serves. They have partnered with organizations including local schools, churches, the Boys & Girls Club of Tustin and homeowners associations to promote waste reduction and recycling. CR&R is an active chamber member with a staff member serving on its Board of Directors.
SMALL BUSINESS CATEGORY RECIPIENT
Extreme Boot Camp is a military style outdoor fitness program designed to help people lose body fat, improve muscle tone and increase endurance. It began serving the Tustin community in 2007 and it strives to improve the quality of life for everybody in the community. An active chamber member with its owner serving on the Board of Directors, Extreme Boot Camp has also organized food drives, collected Toys for Tots, facilitated recycling drives, and organized a fundraiser for recent fire victims through the American Red Cross.
BUSINESS ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
Barrhomes Real Estate is a full service real estate company with a successful and professional staff. Understanding the healthy balance between a professional career and community involvement, Barrhomes manages to do just that. They are active in the Tustin Chamber of Commerce, Chili Cookoff, served as celebrity coordinator for the Tustin Tiller Days Parade, Concerts in the Park volunteers, and have assisted in the Miss Tustin Scholarship Pageant.
LARGE BUSINESS OF THE YEAR NOMINEES
1. The Winery Restaurant & Wine Bar pairs contemporary California regional cuisine with a hip, vibrant, sophisticated setting, to create a cutting-edge dining experience. In 2008, The Winery was named “Restaurant of the Year” by the Orange County Concierge Association. The Winery’s participation in various community organizations includes the Tustin Chamber of Commerce. Charity involvement includes hosting a fundraiser that would benefit two local organizations—the Marconi Foundation for Kids and the Child Guidance Center.
2. Union Bank of California located in Tustin Ranch has been a chamber member for over 13 years. A past manager served on the Board for several years, and its current manager is currently the Vice Chairman of the Board. Union Bank makes a point to reach out to the community and school. Last October, it hosted a Family Day Expo that focused on teaching young adults about responsible banking. The Tustin Ranch Office has donated to or has been an active participant in many charity events including Broadway in the Park, Relay for Life, and the Susan G. Komen Annual Cancer Walk.
SMALL BUSINESS OF THE YEAR NOMINEES
1. Aloha Graphics provides design, offset printing and mailing services. It uses environmentally safe products when producing printed paper products. Water based inks and recycled paper is the norm for this company. Aloha Graphics has been a member of the Tustin Chamber since 2001 and a supporter of the Tustin Preservation Conservancy. Community involvement includes being a sponsor for the Miss Tustin Scholarship Pageant for the last five years.
2. Beach Pit BBQ is a family dining experience that serves authentic southern BBQ. It prides itself in being environmentally friendly by recycling grease and using recyclable, biodegradable materials. Located in Old Town Tustin in the historic Tustin Garage, Beach Pit BBQ has brought life and vitality to the area. Beach Pit BBQ has sponsored several school and youth league events, has supported the Boys & Girls Club of Tustin, participated at the Tustin Tiller Days, and has partnered with the Tustin Chamber for the Chili Cookoff.
3. Conrey Insurance Brokers provides insurance, financial services and expert advise to individuals and businesses. The company established a commitment to reduce waste, conserve our natural resources, and become green. They utilize energy-efficient equipment and recycle its toner cartridges, paper, bottles and cans. Conrey Insurance makes community involvement a cornerstone to fulfilling well-rounded employees. Some serve as PTA volunteers, classroom assistants and HOA board members.
4. Enderle Center is a community shopping center that offers upscale stores and unique restaurants. Serving the Tustin community since 1978 and member of the Tustin Chamber since 1988, Enderle Center is known for its monthly and annual car shows that benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Tustin. In addition to being a regular donor and supporter of local schools and organizations, Enderle Center continues to host its annual Holiday Open House in November. This popular community event draws thousands of people from Tustin and neighboring cities.
5. HKA, Inc. Public Relations is a public relations company dedicated to helping other businesses thrive and succeed in their own business endeavors. The owner of HKA, Inc. was the 2008 recipient of the Ethics in America Pillar in Business Award from the Vanguard University and Passkeys Foundation. The company is involved in numerous organizations such as the Tustin Chamber of Commerce, National Association of Women Business Owners, Toastmasters, Working Wardrobes and Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
6. Optimum Professional Property Management is a full service homeowners’ association management firm. They specifically pursue and target the management of Tustin communities since they are able to provide greater accessibility and more timely response due to their location. They are active members of the Tustin Chamber of Commerce and have sponsored several of its fundraising events. They are also sponsors of the Miss Tustin Scholarship Pageant. Optimum is a regular contributor to the Orange County Fire Service Association, Orange County Humane Society, Tustin Police Officers Association, and the Tustin High Cheerleaders.
7. Tustin Brewing Company has been serving the Tustin Community since 1996. The restaurant provides outstanding brews and excellent food in a comfortable setting. Each Christmas, Tustin Brewing hosts a Mug Club Holiday Party where customers bring in new unwrapped toys that are donated to the Tustin Police Department’s Santa Cop Program. They also sponsored their own golf tournament for the John Wayne Cancer Institute, raising more than $50,000 for cancer research. Tustin Brewing is a Chili Cookoff favorite and has won the “People’s Choice” award for several years.
BUSINESS ROOKIE OF THE YEAR NOMINEE
1. HR Now! provides support to business owners in the areas of Human Resources compliance, policy development and implementation, customized documentation and employee relations. It has an environmentally friendly home office and uses all EPA recommendations where possible. HR Now! is a member of the Tustin Chamber of Commerce and has sponsored a gift for the Police Officer of the Month Program. The company is also active in the local LeTip chapter.